Saturday, November 24, 2012

Election Coverage

Election Night

I have to say it was quite eventful. Although I was not at a huge party, or an "event" whatsoever, I was with friends enjoying the results night to the end. I found it interesting how lively the night seemed even though I was sitting in front of a television most of the time. There is something about elections and televisions that go hand in hand so well. It isn't in the way that the media projects everything, but in the way that people come together to congregate in front of these gateways to the world. I began to observe the people in the room where I sat, and there was much notice to who was sitting back ignoring the screen, and who was inching towards it and actually reacting to the screen. I'm not sure if it was just an observation, but in a room full of both Democrats and Republicans, it was just interesting nonetheless. Although this observation may or may not reflect some truths, there was an obvious enthusiasm in the Democrats and less of a reaction in the Republicans, but as the Democrats aimed to pay attention the Republicans aimed for more interaction among everyone. I found it funny that as some upsets were being created, those that found distaste in the results also  wanted nothing more than to keep people interested in conversation and drinks than what we were all actually there for. As long as we are all communicating!


1 comment:

  1. This is a very insightful comment -an interesting approach to thinking about the election night. This parallels our discussion of body language in the presidential campaign.

    ReplyDelete