Saturday, October 13, 2012

Presidential Emails

I noticed something a long time ago, but now I suppose it's interesting enough to discuss considering it has to do with President Obama. So, I decided to subscribe to the Obama campaign way back when and after doing so I started to receive all of these emails from... well someone, but certainly not Barack Obama himself. Anyway, the emails have subject lines that say "hey" or "I hear you" and other similar phrases like that. It's interesting to me that when I open them, they are usually in regards to a current event that has happened (debates, conflicts, etc) and it's always a message ending with a donation plea, of course. However, it's the simple things like the subject lines which start to trigger a personal connection with not only President Obama, or the campaign in general, but to a "side" of the rope in a sense. It is wise of whoever is actually running the networking portion of this campaign to be so lighthearted and free about what they are saying to the subscribers, not only in the message but simply the very beginning to the email.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting entry. Dod you notice that in his campaign ads Pres. Obama often is referred to by his first name? Can you imagine Pres. Bush being pitched as George?! Well done.

    ReplyDelete